A bikini or two piece is a women's swimsuit with two parts, one covering the breasts (optionally in the case of the monokini), the other the groin (and optionally the buttocks), leaving an uncovered area between the two (optionally in the case of the Tankini). It is often worn in hot weather or while swimming. The shapes of both parts of a bikini resemble women's underwear, and the lower part can range from revealing thong or g-string to briefs and modest square-cut shorts. Merriam–Webster's Collegiate Dictionary (11th edition) describes the bikini as "a woman's scanty two-piece bathing suit", "a man's brief swimsuit" and "a man's or women low-cut briefs".
Mini Micro Bikinis
Basically, these are what you might call ‘extreme bathing suits' designed to cover only the minimum parts of your body. Supposedly patterned along the lines of garments worn by tribal peoples in various warm climates, micro bikinis typically possess the following features:
• Narrow thong or G-string bottomed bathing suit
• Very narrow strips of material that cover only the genitals
Fashion observers believe the mini micro originated to combat anti-nudity legislation passed in some states in the 1970s. Initially, the homemade bathing suits were nothing more than leftover pieces of fabric, sewn together with thin twine or fishing line. Inevitably, local shops picked up on the idea and began to make more practical styles using modern materials.
These bikinis serve a double purpose.
a. They adhere to the barest norms of decency, so you can't actually throw legislation at the wearer
b. They titillate, and how!
Rules you must obey
Obviously, to flaunt your assets, you need to make sure they look pretty darned good. Here's where waxing plays such an important role.
If you go for Brazilian waxing
you are opting for complete removal of hair from your anus, perineum and vulva, basically, the bikini line. This is the most extreme form of bikini waxing.
Not wishing to lay spoilsport, the pain involved with this procedure can be acute and continue for quite some time. However, you may feel that the result is worth the discomfort
In the 1990s and 2000s, designers have continued to revamp the bikini and innovated new styles. While the thong and string bikinis retain their popularity, the micro bikini has recently been added to the growing selection.
Essentially, micro bikinis are bikinis combining a micro bikini top and a thong bikini bottom. Needless to add, it is scantier and more revealing than traditional bikinis and hence its name.
Buying micro bikinis
· A word of warning: you need to be careful that you don't opt for a string bikini when you mean to buy a micro bikini. There are enough illustrated examples online to show you the difference.
· Numerous sites offer essential advice like how to shave your bikini line (hairy exposures will NOT do). Make sure your pubic area in particular is well shorn.
· Choose the fabric well. Test your skin for itches and allergic rashes, particularly since you will be spending a lot of time in the sun wearing your bikini
· Have plenty of sunscreen handy. You need to use liberal doses all over your body since you obviously will not have much on in terms of protection from the sun's rays!